Sunday 12 May 2013

Barely Coping

I'll admit going into this new chapter in my life, I had a lot of assumptions.  I assumed I could handle childbirth & recovery, work, caring for a newborn and a toddler, going to the gym 4x per week, roller derby practice twice per week, planning and eating a healthy diet, and everyday household duties.  Turns out I can't.  Or, at least not without a lot of support.  I have overloaded myself with some mighty high expectations and am really struggling because of it.

The hardest part for me is that I haven't lost any weight since little Victoria was 2 weeks old.  She is now 6 weeks.  I really need to make exercise and healthy eating a priority, and soon!  It seems like when I have those two things in line, everything else in my life just falls into place.


Last night I sat down and made a list of the things I need to work on to help me cope.  Many of them are easy enough to do, as long as I make them a priority.  The tough one on my list is finding some kind of support other than my husband.  He has been fantastic, but is also working at least 72 hours per week, so there is only so much he can do.  I really just need someone else I can unburden to.  Really hard for me to do, since I like to pretend my life is perfect.

I suppose this blog is serving as my support network at the moment.  I do feel better getting these admissions out there, even if it is never published.  So, thanks for listening.


2 comments:

  1. Wow Becky - you have a ton on your plate!!!! I find myself struggling with one baby despite the fact that I am not working and my husband is working from home (and only 20 hrs a week too!)...so I have a lot of help! Honestly you look fabulous and beautiful. I know you have the dedication...so it's just a matter of time until you achieve your goals! Give yourself a break mama, you are doing a fabulous job. I wish I could do even a quarter of the stuff you do! Take care, Larine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Larine, it was so nice to see you! Babies are a challenge no matter what. The funny thing is... you can never hold it against them :)

      Delete