Sunday 28 July 2013

Accountability

I'll be the first to admit it; I need some accountability.

I'm busy.  I'm a manager at a successful helicopter company.  I have two children, ages two years old and under.  I manage two properties, including 5 tenants.  I have two cats.  My husband works 12 hour days.  I'm in the process of getting a live-in nanny from Peru.  I'd like to start a business and get my personal training certification.  Any kind of socialization requires I shower every day or two.

These are all excuses.  In this day and age, everyone is busy!  But regardless of what is going on in my personal life, I need to make clean eating and exercise a priority.  It has been almost 4 months since I had my last beautiful daughter, and I'm only down to 165lbs.

Accountability.  That's what this post is about.  I am perfectly capable of getting to the gym, eating clean, and generally living a healthy lifestyle.  This IS NOT dependant on how busy I am.  Those are all excuses and I know better.

The solution I have found is to find accountability anywhere I can (except my husband... I've discovered that I tend to take offence to him telling me what to do).  I've asked anyone and everyone I know to help hold me accountable and just text me whenever they think of it to see how I've been eating and whether I've been exercising.  If anyone else reading this post wants to help out with this, you're welcome to!

I'm hoping this will be the change I need to get a good thing started.  I've admittedly been struggling since the birth of my second darling girl, but I'm working my way up once again.

Goals for this week:

Get to the gym 4 times.
Follow my diet plan at least until Friday night.
Read at least one chapter in my CFES Fitness Knowledge manual.
Recruit one person to keep me accountable on a daily basis.


No comments:

Post a Comment