Tuesday 6 August 2013

Time to Hit the Gym

I sometimes wonder how I made time to make it to the gym every day after having my first baby.  Did I just make it more of a priority, or am I truly that much busier now?

I believe it's mostly the latter.  I've taken on a management position at work, which keeps me quite busy.  It was also part of the reason I was back to work after just taking two weeks of vacation time rather than any kind of formal maternity leave.  Two young kids also keeps me a lot busier outside of work than just one baby does.


But if I'm being honest, it was more of a priority as well.  If I worked a long day and couldn't make it to the gym, I would go in the evening.  I simply don't have the energy or drive to do that anymore.

My solution is to go each day on the weekend.  If I can make it both Saturday and Sunday at some point, I only have to try and fit in two gym sessions during the week.  So I now have a sitter lined up for an hour or two each Saturday and Sunday.

No excuses.


No comments:

Post a Comment