Sunday 15 June 2014

Coconut Pineapple Muffins

I made these muffins this morning for Father's Day (my husband always says he wishes I baked more muffins and things), and they are quite delicious.

This is taken from the original recipe I found here: http://nourishedkitchen.com/coconut-flour-cake/

I just added pineapple and made muffins instead of a cake.

12 eggs
2 cups coconut milk (I used light)
4 tbsp honey
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp coconut extract
2 cups coconut flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
2 cups chopped pineapple
Coconut oil for greasing tins
Shredded coconut for muffin tins

Preheat oven to 350c.  Grease muffin tins with coconut oil and sprinkle with coconut.  Scoop the mixture evenly into 12 muffin tins.  Bake at 350c for 35-40 minutes, or until a knife inserted comes out clean.


Approximate macros per muffin:

Calories: 210
Fat: 9.6 grams
Carbs: 23 grams
Fibre: 9.4 grams
Protein: 9.6 grams

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment