Thursday 11 October 2012

When Life Gets In The Way

It doesn't take much to put a damper on even the best of intentions.

In the last week I played hockey twice, went to the gym twice, went for a jog outside once, and ate at least moderately well.  Until yesterday.

Amelia woke me up at 4am.  The trailer park I live in had run out of water (they truck water in), so no shower, washing up, etc.  Rob and I were both in bad moods.  There was fresh snow on the ground.  Amelia was grumpy and crying while I was trying to get ready for work.  I finally got her ready and dropped her off at the sitter's place at 7:30 and headed to work.  I got to work and my job got cancelled because of the snow.  Then my sitter called; "Amelia has a rash all over her body... has she had a measles shot recently?".  So I went and picked her up, took her home for a nap and then to the walk-in-clinic.  Hopefully just a minor skin irritation, but if she gets a fever or flushed cheeks take her to the hospital for some tests.  We went home.  I received an email from my realtor & mortgage broker about a kink in our plans to buy a house.  I ordered pizza.




Life can throw you all kinds of unexpected twists and turns.  And you know what?  It's completely normal to get derailed from whatever progress you've made.  The true test of character is how quickly you pick yourself up and get back on track.  Yesterday is gone.  The choices I made yesterday should have no bearing on the choices of today.  Each day, each moment is a fresh slate.  Use it.



No comments:

Post a Comment