Sunday 7 October 2012

Worked For Me #4 - Evening Snack Attack

Evenings are my nemesis.

I can go all day exactly following my diet and exercise program only to sit on the couch an snack all evening.  I've heard a lot about substituting better foods for the typical junk, but that never worked for me.  Simply put, in the evening I'm eating out of habit rather than hunger.

Evening snacking is a really tough habit to break.  But here are a few things I've found to work for me:

1.  Get out of the house.

Easier in the summer than in the winter around here, but even something as simple as heading out for a walk makes it easier for me to severely limit my snacking.

2.  Drink lots of water and/or tea.

Obviously juice, pop, beer and other sugary drinks aren't going to do you any good, but a big glass of water or unsweetened herbal tea to sip can really beat that snack attack.

3.  Spend time with heath-minded friends.

Invite someone over or head to a friend's place.  It's a good distraction as long as you're all on the same page when it comes to your health.



Have any of these ideas worked for you?  What are some of the ways you've beaten the urge to snack?

Thanks for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment